Registration is closed on the first three presentations in our web CLE conference “Tips and Traps When Dividing Retirement Benefits” on August 31, September 15 and September 30, as 8 participants have registered for each session. We are happy to have added a fourth presentation at noon on Friday, October 14, 2016. Attorneys can register for that session here.
This web conference will discuss tips and traps family law attorneys should be aware of when negotiating the division of retirement plan assets, including solutions to the unique challenges presented by:
- The type of retirement plan you are dealing with – whether a defined contribution plan, defined benefit plan, private or governmental, tax qualified or non-qualified plan
- Accounting for pre-marital account/benefit accumulations
- The effect of post marital service and compensation increases
- Accounting for outstanding loans in defined contribution plans
- Avoiding surprises caused by delayed distribution provisions
- Awarding pre-retirement death benefits
- Awarding post retirement survivor benefits
- Allocating the cost of providing survivor benefits
Registration is limited to no more than 8 attorneys. This size limit is deliberately intended to facilitate discussion among the attendees, so please bring your questions with you or email them to me before the conference so I can be sure we address them.
We will email all attendees an agenda and written materials before the conference. After the conference we will email all attendees a Certificate of Attendance.
The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.0 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.